Integrated in the Oeste Museum circuit, the Towns’ Museum is also the head office for the Óbidos Museums and Galleries Network.
In the 15th June of 1970, this museum was founded by Almirante Américo Tomás, president of the republic at the time.
The towns’ museum shelters some of the most important artwork.
A collection of paintings from André Reinoso and Josefa d’Óbidos dated from the sixteenth and seventeenth century are some of the examples.
André Reinoso was the first Portuguese baroque painter and his artwork started to be felt in the years of 1610 to 1641.
As for Josefa d’Óbidos, further than paintings, she also dedicated herself to print work, engraving, clay modeling, costume design (cloth and accessories) and flower arrangements art.
From 10h00 to 13h00 and from 14h00 to 18h00